Students complete a physical puzzle based on a scientific poster about Bowhead Whales. Students then research the content of the poster and present their findings.
To familiarize students with:
- the scientific method
- real polar scientific posters
- real polar scientific research
- real polar scientific terminology
- real polar scientific technology
- real polar scientific data
- real polar (Arctic) scientists
- real science
- Print the following pieces of the “puzzle” Poster (slides 3-9 ..pages 1-7)
- Put Students into teams of at least two.
- Give each team two pieces of the puzzle.
- Utilizing internet resources & have students research 5 facts about their each piece (anything will do)
- Display this presentation - and have students present what they learned for each slide. On the third to last slide –click the link to the “Poster Puzzle” and have students put it together.
Elizabeth Eubanks email@example.com. Capstone Project Fall 2013. Integrated Life and Earth Sciences in the Polar Regions.
|6.12 MB||6.12 MB|
|2.28 MB||2.28 MB|