The Antarctic Research Group at Boston University is lead by Dr. David Marchant. Graduate students include Adam Lewis, Doug Kowalewski, and Kate Swanger.
Marchant's ongoing NSF funded research projects focus on:
1. Age, origin, and climatic significance of buried ice in the Dry Valleys region, southern Victoria Land
2. Response of the East Antarctic Ice Sheet to middle Miocene global change
3. Tephrochronology applied to late Cenozoic climate change and geomorphic evolution of the central Transantarctic Mountains
4. Microcliamte zones in the Dry Valley region: implications for landscape evolution and climate change on Mars
5. Deducing late Neogene Antarctic climate from fossil-rich lacustrine sediments in the Dry Valleys
This program is supported by the National Science Foundation. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed by this program are those of the PIs and coordinating team, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.