Submitted by Lisa Seff on Tue, 07/10/2012 - 17:28

Hi Dan-wow, great photo looking toward Longyearbyen, what a view! Sounds like they have prepared you, and the rest of your group, well for what you might encounter along your research trip. Although the leaking survival suit caught my attention as I'll be on a boat in the Arctic in about 6 weeks.....one of my younger friends thought that maybe you could play a game of "rock, paper, scissors" with someone else for a survival suit trade. (:

We're enjoying your journals very much, keep up the good work and great photos. - your pictures of glacial features will be terrific for my students when we hit glacial features in class.

take care-Lisa

Dan Frost

Hi Lisa,Thanks and rock, paper, scissor will be suggested later this morning as the most fair way to assign suit picking order. The glacial features here have been rather incredible. It is amazing how things are different when you're watching the processes live time rather than reconstructing 20k year old conditions from the Laurentide Ice Sheet. With Svalbard being 60% glaciated there is no shortage of glaciers!
Have a blast on the Annika Marie and in Barrow and I look forward to following your expedition.
Sincerely,
Dan