Welcome to the PolarTREC family. What an amazing experience you have begun. It will be life changing, life challenging and life enriching. From the days in Fairbanks through the time in the field ultimately to the 100s of people you will meet and share your experience with your teaching career will be different. My wish for you is that you spend the time to build the relationships with other PolarTREC teachers those of today and those of us from the past. I have found these individuals to be inspiring and a constant source of ideas. Tell Janet that Gary says it is time for recess when eyes get droopy!!!

I look forward to reading your journals and sharing them with students the world over.

Janet Warburton

Hi Gary! You are awesome posting on all the newbies forums! One less thing that Sarah and I have to do this week :) I forgot to tell everyone about the white house/store down the street! That will be their recess tomorrow.:Janet

Gary Wesche

Janet, I plan to write on them all but this is the only one up yet. Where is everyone???? Must be out looking at sled dogs. LOL

Gary Wesche

Janet, I plan to write on them all but this is the only one up yet. Where is everyone???? Must be out looking at sled dogs. LOL

Wendy Gorton

Hey Gary!I think you're so right--the teachers have been such a wonderful resource, and it's clear that our past teachers are amazing, too! We're going on "recess" soon, and looking forward to chatting with you more :) And I think other folks are learning VBC today, but I'm a tech geek so started fiddling :)
What is your favorite part of Fairbanks?
-Wendy :)

Anonymous

The little white house behind the hotel. Ask to see the bones in the basement. Janet can show you where it is located. Such a "unique" place.

Wendy Gorton

She told us all about it; can't wait to go check it out! Thanks for the tip :)