Hi Tim! Welcome back to the USA and Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Thank you for sharing so much information with us! It was great to hear directly from the engineers and see the technologies being used in Antarctica.
Here are a few questions from my students when you have time:
1) Since Antartica is so volcanic, is it possible to use geothermal energy for heat? Why or why not?
2) What types of technology are used to keep you warm? (What kinds of insulators are used in the jackets or in the tents?)
3) What would happen if someone got too cold while out in the field?
4) Have you seen any whales? If so, what kind?
5) Why don't penguins feet freeze?
6) if we were interested in going to Antartica, what's the best way to get there? (Career). How long can people stay there?
Thanks again! We look forward to hearing back from you when you have time! We will finish talking about your journey in early January. If you ever make it up to MA, we'd love to have you as a special guest!! :)
Happy New Year!
Donna Taylor and her 5th grade Technology and Engineering class