Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 07/10/2013 - 21:57

Hi Ms.Kemp! I know this is completely off the topic of permafrost or food webs or anything scientific but don't you think its a little weird to be in the neighboring town of a city named Deadhorse? Oh and have you found out any interesting things about Artic Wolf Spiders? Or are you studying Shark Spiders?? Or Snow Spiders?(If Snow Spiders even exist)... Hope you're having lots of fun in Alaska!(And learning lots and lots of interesting things about the Artic Wolf Shark Snow Spiders.)

-Sydni Goodrum Davis

Nell Kemp

Hi Sydni!I'm so glad you are reading the journals! I am finding out TONS about the wolf spider and I will have so many stories and photos to share with you in August! There really is a town called Deadhorse. It's not much of a town - just a collection of trailers and garages to service the oil workers who drill for oil (and process and ship it) in the Arctic Ocean. I'm not sure how it got its name - definitely will have to find that out! I'm going on a tour of the oil fields and the Arctic Ocean next week so I'll definitely have a blog with lots of photos!
Have a great summer!
Ms. Kemp