Anne Marie,

Happy New Year!

First, I need to thank you for helping everyone join your adventure through your journal. I continue to be a "PolarTREC junkie" and I have eagerly checked in with you and the other PolarTREC teachers almost every day. You have also helped me reconnect and relive many of my Oden experiences. I know that some of my friends from 2 years ago are aboard and I hope you tell them that I am thinking of them. In particular, I spent part of Christmas eve thinking about all of you and knowing that you must have felt a melancholy mixture of emotions at that time. You miss your home and you marvel at a holiday in a magical place. My only advice to you is to remember to take time for yourself. Drink in the Antarctic with all of your senses and burn it into your memories and your spirit. It will change your life forever.

.....and now, a few questions....

Can you ask Tero and the seal research team if they have seen any Ross or Leopard seals? And, can you ask him to describe how they plan to use the tranquillizers on the Leopards? I also understand that they hope to collect skin biopsies from whales using crossbows. How has that plan worked out?

Have fun, play in the snow, and make memories,

Jeff