Hi Anne Marie! It's Ally again. I just wanted to know if you were working right now? It is Christmas Eve where I am in New York right now. I just kind of want to keep in touch with to find out new things about Antarctica. I am tracking Santa Claus right now on www.NORAD.com and it appears he is in Bunbury, Australia right now! He's moving quickly! Well I gues your probably real busy now so I better let you go. Bye! Merry Christmas and a Happy new year! from Ally

Anonymous (not verified)

Hi I tried to track Santa but it brought me to a wierd airplane site. Can you help me by posting a reply so I can track him?

Anne Marie Wotkyns

Hi Ally - Yes - we worked on Christmas Eve Day. It is 3:00 pm here, we were on the ice for a few hours from about 10:00am to 1:30 pm, measuring some very thick ice on a ridge line. One place we drilled 8 meters deep and never reached the ocean water! And I flew all the flags today and took pictures of them! Now we are getting ready for a big Christmas Eve dinner and party! I don't know if Santa is tracking the Oden - but it will be easy to see him when he arrives - it doesn't get dark at night here!Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, your family, and all your classmates - and your teacher too!!

Anne Marie Wotkyns

Well Folks - no sign of Santa here yet - but it's only 3:00 pm Oden time. I expect Santa will come find us later tonight. He shouldn't have to work too hard - we are the only ship for many, many miles! But we have all been working hard and being nice to each other, so I hope his bag is filled with presents for us! Warm holiday wishes from all 62 people on board the Oden! Cheers!

Anonymous (not verified)

Hi sorry to bother you again I just wondered if you seen Santa clausAnd if he cam?

Anonymous (not verified)

Have you tracked down Santa Claus!!!!!!!! Sincerely,
Your Student David M.

Add new comment

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 12/24/2010 - 06:59