Hi Dan!

Welcome to PolarTREC! We look forward to learning all about you and where you teach as well as following on this expedition to Norway. It's sure to be quite the adventure.

Cheers, Janet

Susan Steiner

Hi Dan! Looks like you are ready for an awesome trip! Can't wait to follow your posts!

Dan Frost

Hi Janet and Susan,Thanks for the wishes and I am certainly looking forward to Svalbard. Susan, kudos on some incredible journals in pictures! Your work will certainly be a resource I will be turning to in the academic year to come.
All the best,
Dan

Anonymous

Hey Dan,This sounds like a super cool opportunity. I will be reading your journals! Good luck and have fun!
Sam (one of Dan's environmental students from Carrabassett Valley Academy)

Anonymous

Hi Dan,as a former Svalbard TREC teacher, I can say for sure you will have a blast! Mike and Steve (no Al this summer, is that right?) are really amazing guys who know their stuff. The field site is rugged, gorgeous and fascinating - what could be better! If you have any questions you think an old hand from 2006 might be able to answer, send them along. That whole experience continues to be one of the great highlights of my life, and I remain friends with many of the people I met there. When it comes to bringing it all back home, the sky's the limit. I continue to use elements in my classroom many years later, so you are really just at the beginning of an awesome journey. Enjoy every second!
All the best, Maggie Kane
mkane@ormeschool.org
Prescott, Arizona

Dan Frost

Great to hear from you Sam! Please do follow and ask questions along the way. Our work in the coming year will parallel what we're doing in the field very closely and I've got some plans for Maine adventures to previously un-cored lakes that could be some real gems. Hope your summer is going well! Off to Svalbard tomorrow...-Dan

Dan Frost

Hi Maggie,Thanks for the encouragement and support. We take off on a red-eye tomorrow evening from Boston and then things are running until mid-August. I imagine the possibilities are endless and I truly look forward to sharing the experience and implementing many aspects of it in my classroom. Mike has been a great asset to me for years and I really look forward to getting to know Steve and his work. I also can't wait to work with the undergrads as my own senior thesis was such a positive experience. Have a great rest of the summer in Prescott!
-Dan