I was curious about the people of Norway, their language and heritage. Do you know a good website to learn about this?

Cheryl Forster

Mike,Since I am going to a very separate part of Norway, I started on wikipedia and learned something about the people (there are only 2750 people there). I then became more interested in the animals so I surfed around and found a group of researches studying polar bears in Svalbard. They had a lot of info posted on their website and it was fascinating. I did a presentation to my students on the polar bear in Svalbard. It is my primary goal to see a polar bear on my trip.

Janet Warburton

Hi!Oh, I loved Norway! I have a contact for you where you are going --- a teacher that takes students to the glacier! I think a good book about the Viking history would be worth reading since the Viking history is all over the place. I'll check my shelves --- i found lots of good material. Cheryl, you'll love the museums in Oslo! Amazing history and the ships are just incredible.
Safe travels,
Janet

Deanna Wheeler

Cheryl-
I love the Norwegian people as they are friendly, helpful and enjoy life especially in the summertime. Eat brown cheese!
Deanna Wheeler

Anonymous

This question is to Mr. Lampert of Salem, OR from Shawn M., Kenneth P., and Jason S.Have you discovered any objects of interest within the glacier?

Anonymous

This question is to Michael Lampert of Salem, OR from Shawn M. and Kenneth P.Given that controlled melting of the Arctic glacier is part of your scientific mission, how would the evacuation proceed if the glacier were to melt in an unintended manner?