Submitted by Anonymous on Thu, 07/07/2011 - 09:00

Dear Laura Lukes,

Hi, my name is Lina and i am in Mrs. Eubanks' class. I was wondering, What are some things you have discovered while on your journey to Greenland? Do you miss your family? Please write back soon! Thankyou :)

-Lina R.

Anonymous

Hello Lina,
This is Jeannie (USA), Vince (USA), and Emil (Denmark). We are all students on the trip.In Greenland, we have discovered what it is like to be a scientist who works in the field. We have had some great opportunities to work with some of the scientists here and see the interesting work they were doing. We even got to do our own research projects which was a challenging and rewarding experience. We have also learned a lot about Greenland's environment and culture. We have seen musk ox, caribou, arctic hare, sled dog puppies, and lots of mosquitoes. As Americans, we have also learned a lot more about Greenlandic and Danish traditions. We have been attempting to learn some Danish and Greenlandic but it is pretty difficult compared to English. We miss our family and homes a bit, but everyday here is so new and exciting that we don't have much time to think about home. The people here are all really great too, so we've become a bit like a family here too. :)
- Jeannie, Emil, & Vince