Susie, Glad to see you back in action. I'm really enjoying the journal entries. I saw a question asking the age of the site - I'm wondering that too. Also, how long has this site or similar ones been under investigation and what group of people originally inhabited the area?

A REALLY long time ago (when I was in high school) I spent 5 or 6 years as a volunteer in a small natural history museum in Twin Falls, Idaho. Archaeology is a really neat science and I'm looking forward to hearing more details on the dig and the interpretations of your findings.

I've got some hot salsa (red or green) here at home. . .

Mike LeBaron

Susy Ellison

Hi Mike-Sorry for the slow reply--the ask the team thing has not been sending me any emails and i couldn't check it while i was out at the site.
Raven Bluff was 'discovered' in 2008. This is the 2nd year that Jeff Rasic, NPS, has been digging with a full team. We didn't find any fluted points this year (like Clovis points), but did find a bone from an extinct horse. Pretty cool.
I'm heading home to the land of salsa as we speak--sitting in the Fairbanks airport.
Back to school!