Submitted by Anonymous on Thu, 04/25/2013 - 06:24

Hi Tom, Did you have a great birthday out there? What did you eat up there? Was the food you ate good? When you were shoveling, was it very hard?I'm very interested in this subject and want to hear alot about your trip on Carbon Balance in Warming and Drying Tundra 2013! ;)

Anonymous

Hi Parker, Yes, I had a very nice birthday while here in Healy. Elizabeth the researcher I work with and John the field technician took me out to breakfast at a local restaurant in Healy. There's a great picture of Elizabeth with a huge pancake on that days journal entry. I don't remember what we had back at the cabin but we've been taking turns cooking. Some of the meals have introduced me to food Items I am not that familiar with. For example, beets...I never liked beets but John made a really good soup last week that changed my mind. On the other hand...kale, I tried it and didn't like it!Shoveling is good exercise. I got tired but I like to work hard and get tired so I was happy. What I wasn't expecting was the cold weather.