Postcards are off!
The postcards were mailed on January 17 (McMurdo Station, Antarctica time), which would be January 16 in the States. I was thrilled to receive so many postcards from all over the world. So I thought I'd share some 'Postcard Statistics'.
- At least one postcards was sent to all 50 States - plus the District of Columbia.
- One was even sent to President Obama.
- There were about 2,400 postcards sent out! AMAZING!
- Fourteen postcards were sent out of the country or to a US territory. They were sent to:
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
Let's do a little math
If 2,400 were mailed and each stamp cost .29 cents, how much money did we spend on stamps?
When you receive your postcards - let me know!
- Go to the 'Ask the Team' section of my web page: http://www.polartrec.com/forum/weddell-seals-in-the-ross-sea
- Click on the New Topic button.
- Enter the date you received the postcard in the Subject line. For example, if you get your postcard on January 25 - type January 25, 2012 or 1-25-12 in the subject line.
- Enter your comments in the Body section. Feel free to provide your name and/or school - if appropriate.
- Click the Send button. (Sometime it will ask for certain verifications).
If for some reason you can't get this to work, you can always e-mail me at aeilers [at] polartrec.com. Please remember to include the above information.
There was some amazing artwork on the postcards so I thought I'd share a few.