Here Are Some Suggestions On How to Survive
- Have your weapon ready. Whenever leaving the science station always carry a rifle with the magazine loaded.
- Assess the situation. Most polar bears don't think of humans as lunch but if they are hungry or protecting cubs they can be very unpredictable and attack without warning.
- Make yourself visible and make noise. Get to high ground if possible so that you can see the bear.
- Fire flare shots so that they land between you and the bear.
- If attacked by an aggressive bear, shoot with the intent to kill. Aim for the chest. Keep shooting until the bear lies still.
Hey Polar Bears! You Better Not Mess With Us!
Second Most Frightening Encounter- Finding Yourself in a Titanic-like Situation
This is bad....... This is good! Donning the Arctic Armor might be the most difficult part. But we managed to get them on and test them in the icy Arctic waters.
Snow Buntings Can Be Found In Some Strange Places
On the drive back from the target range we crossed a bridge with an outhouse. Nice place for an outhouse- especially if there is nothing under it! Surprise! A snow bunting made its nest in the toilet! Awwwwwwww......... And as an extra treat, here is a young barnacle goose that I came across today. The wonders never cease!