Fifth Forum for Young Permafrost Scientists: Geocryological Field Workshop
We are pleased to invite you to the Fifth Forum for Young Permafrost Scientists to be held in Yakutsk, Russia from 4 to 23 June 2018. This event is open to young researchers under the age of 35 years, including undergraduates, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows. Interested school children are also welcome to participate.
The Forum for Young Permafrost Scientists will include:
- The Geocryological Conference held from 4 to 8 June 2018
- The Geocryological Field Workshop from 9 to 23 June 2018
The Geocryological Conference themes include:
- Regional and historical geocryology
- Permafrost geothermics and thermal physics
- Periglacial processes and forms
- Landscape dynamics in permafrost regions
- Permafrost geochemistry
- Permafrost hydrology and hydrogeology
- Climate change and permafrost evolution
- Greenhouse gases and gas hydrates
- Permafrost microbiology
- Remote sensing of permafrost
- Stability of engineering structures on permafrost
The summer school, in the form of a Geocryological Field Workshop will take place in the vicinity of Yakutsk and Amga (204 km south-east of Yakutsk). It will focus on permafrost degradation effects on agriculture and rural infrastructure in central Yakutia.
Organizers invite those interested in attending the conference and/or field school to pre-register before 28 January 2018.
For questions, please contact:
ankaurban [at] mail.ru